Some lists from the weekend.
A short list of suggestions I wasn't thrilled by (but am not counting out):
- Make vegan marshmallows
- Make kosher marshmallows
- Make paleo marshmallows
- Make marshmallows out of marshmallow root
- Sell a bunch of stuff that isn't marshmallows
A short list of misconceptions I need to find a way to prevent:
- Thinking the marshmallows were soap
- Thinking the samples represented the size of the marshmallows
- Thinking that gifts are given only on December 25th
A VERY short list of questions that I need to find a better answer to
- What do you suggest I do with them?
A short list of things to remember for the next event
- 10" x 10" x 10" is a lot of wall space, which 5 picture frames and a banner won't fill
- Standing for 9 hours in heels on concrete is a terrible idea
- Don't be stingy with the size of samples if the size of samples undermines your product
A short list of things I wish the Cottage Food Act didn't prevent
- Ordering online and shipping (!!!!!!!!!)
- Creating and selling new types of recipes without having to re-apply
A short list of highlights
- Being told that my marshmallows are great by a foodie VIP that shall go un-named
- My tireless friends making me go grab a grilled cheese while they held down the fort
- Endless excited and surprised feedback from consumers
- Sunday at 5:50pm being barter time with all the fantastic surrounding businesses
A short list of vendors who are exceptional people and have exceptional products
- IndieJams LA
- Bread SRSLY
- Letterpress Chocolate
- Buzzed Honey
There is so so much to write about upcoming - an exciting video feature in which Mallow & Hop took part, possible upcoming events, custom mallows for a wedding, new ideas and collaborations, new product ideas, and I still haven't posted that Salted Passionfruit Dulce De Leche with Banana Pie recipe from the KCRW pie contest... but I think for now I will sleep.
Or maybe just try to.
While my brain dances with new flavor combinations.